Sunday, May 6, 2012

Butterfly Shower Game Clips

This will be the first in a series of Butterfly Shower posts. I am planning a bridal shower for a dear friend of mine. She loves butterflies and everything girly.

I went shopping and bought just about every butterfly I saw at both Dollar Tree and Craft Warehouse, figuring I would find a way to incorporate them into the decorations.

Laying in bed that night, I was contemplating some games to play. I like the classic game where everyone gets a token of some sort, safety pin/toy ring/necklace etc and if someone catches you saying a specified word "baby", "wedding", "fiancee's name", etc you have to give them your token. I thought of some different ideas and then remembered the micro clothes pins I bought not really sure what I would do with them.
I had bought some bouquets of butterflies at Dollar tree and thought I would glue them to candle holders left over from my wedding but decided they would work better on the clothes pins for people to pin to their shirt until they lose their "token" in the game.

Cost:
50 Clothes Pins: 2.49
Butterfly Bouquets: 2 @ $1 and 1 @ 0.50 (was missing 2 butterflies so discounted price) = $2.50 each had 15 butterflies.
so $4.99 for 42 butterfly pins. (not all are pictured, so far 1 was defective)

42 is more than we will probably need, the extras can be used for decorations, clipped to tulle garlands or in silk flower bouquets...




No comments:

Post a Comment