Thursday, May 5, 2016

Reducing dishes

My dishwasher is a mini counter top version, which is better than nothing, but still not perfect. One thing I do to reduce dishes is scramble eggs in a short glass. I often find that I have more short cup/glass space and no extra other space to use. Bowls take much more room than a glass.

This next thing seems counter intuitive because I could (and used to) drink out of the shaker bottle. But! I used to also leave the shaker bottle in the office or car or it'd get left somewhere and not washed and get really nasty. I nearly purged it recently because of my bad habit, but it really works great at shaking (and I accidentally bought another canister of protein shake powder) so I thought of another solution. Pour the shake into a (much easier to clean if it gets dried out) glass. Then while I'm still in the kitchen I put the shaker directly into the dish washer (that I'm in the habit of emptying in the morning when I usually have my shake!)
I've been doing this for a week or so and I'm actually sticking with it. So while it uses more dishes, it isn't a problem because it helps me stay focused on the dishkeeping (think housekeeping) goals.

1 comment:

  1. I have discovered that I don't even need to scramble the eggs first - that is a put plenty of butter or oil in the pan and crack the eggs straight into the pan and just scramble them as they are cooking! Works fine!

    ReplyDelete