Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Free Music!

Searching for music for our wedding, I found that sometimes, Amazon does free music downloads, I was like WTH? nothing in life is free. I thought I aughta give this a try though, this wedding is costing a pretty penny. So I clicked on the song that said FREE where the price goes and downloaded it. No problem, no charges or anything! I went on to get a bunch more.

At the time, I thought, "wow, I need to share this, eventually when the wedding is behind us, not less than 2 days ahead of us" (yes I waited until the last minute to do music)

Sitting here, a few weeks later, reading The Thrifty Home, I remember about Amazon's free wedding music and decided to search for Christmas music. (in the past I bought Christmas CDs for dirt cheap at thrift stores garage sales and the Dollar Tree. I'm sure I have plenty, but heck they're free.

Here is what Amazon will look like if you go to the MP3 downloads section and search "Christmas"
Then click "sort by" and then price: Low to High

as of now, there are 53 free Christmas song downloads, several will be available soon.

I was thinking, "is it worth the time to go through and download each song?" YES especially because some of them are on full albums that are free, reducing the amount of time and clicking to get the songs. Ahh. Easy, Free, Untimeconsuming, and Christmassy. 4 of my favorite adjectives!



I think I might just make a copy of this one for my neices and nephews. As a Thanksgiving gift, since I dont like giving Christmassy gifts on Christmas. Although I know they would enjoy it year round!
im linking to:
and
and
Its a Blog Party's Home for the Holidays
and
eta: i wrote this back in october, but since people are actually thinking about christmas now, i thought i would bump it up to the top!

3 comments:

  1. I will have to look into this!!

    Come and see my latest find, I would love your thoughts!

    Karena
    Art by Karena

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is crazy how much 'free stuff' there is in the states! This does not happen in Canada! Great finds.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, FREE?!? I love it! Thanks for sharing your brilliant find!

    Hope you can join my stocking stuffer giveaway going on now, too! http://alittleknickknack.blogspot.com/2010/12/giveaway-with-path-less-traveled.html

    ReplyDelete