Friday, December 3, 2010

{30 Day Blog Challenge} Day #3

Here we go, day 3 of the challenge.


Day 3 - Your idea of the perfect first date.
hmmm. This is a good question. I would love to say how romantic and lovey Mikey and my first date was, and it really was, I just wasnt feeling it our first time dating. This was 3 years ago. He picked me up looking nice and dressed up, brought me tulips, which he didnt know were my favorite flower, and we went to lunch. We had a good time, but I was hung up on another guy who really wasnt worth my thoughts, so I wasnt really open to feeling anything for Mikey. I kept thinking what an idiot I was, hes perfect, has good values, respectful, thoughful, sweet, not a lowlife. I just couldnt feel it.

Fast forward almost 3 years and the other guy is long gone from my thoughts, and so are a few other losers. I wasnt really looking for love, just feeling like I aughta be more social, so I joined Facebook and was hooked pretty quickly. Browsing for friends, I came across Mikey on a mutual friends list and sent him a message, I remembered what a good friend he was when we tried dating before and decided to start the friendship up again. It was in the back of my mind that I hope we can try the dating thing again, with less pressure. The first time, I knew how much he liked me and I felt pressured into liking him and that didnt work for me. This time, I was a happier, more open person and didnt feel any pressure. We went into the "dating thing" as more of a "hanging out with friends thing" we had some Pizza and watched a movie, my brother, his girlfriend and my sister were all there, so there wasnt any pressure. We hung out more and more and things fell into place and here we are, married and loving it!

1 comment: